{I Heart} D*S at Home; Jon McLaughlin; SK6ers

So excited! My Design*Sponge at Home arrived yesterday and I can't wait to go through it! Thumbing through quickly, I love the DIY Basics section - with some of the projects on my to-do list, it will definitely come in handy! Buuuuuuut, it's currently sitting on my bookshelf with a whole slew of books (Domino, 10+ cookbooks, 15+ novels, a few random others) that are waiting to be read... I love buying books, I just don't have enough time to read them all! Work gets in the way of everything :(

On a totally unrelated note, I was down at Lee's Palace on Sunday for the Jon McLaughlin/Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers show which was amaaaaazing! 

I mean, if I didn't already love Jon McLaughlin before (and trust me, I did), I am head over heels now! He's amazing live - if it's even possible, he sounds better live than on CD! He's probably best known for performing 'So Close' from Enchanted but I still remember the day I was googling lyrics to find out who was singing 'Human' which was on an episode of Scrubs.

I'll be honest. I primarily bought the tickets for Jon and would've been okay leaving after his set. I had heard of Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers before but never really listened to their songs but they are so fun! They're more folk rock/country while Jon is pop, and now because of them I want to have my future wedding in a nice barn (like this!) so that they can be my wedding band! There was one song where they kept the house lights down, came off stage with their instruments unplugged, stood on boxes in the middle of the crowd and just played to the crowd (as if they weren't doing so before). I wish I had a video of it but my camera died on me very early on.
 Jon McLaughlin and his harmonica telling his story about his miles vs. kilometres confusion after driving across the border that day.
 Jon McLaughlin and his band with members of Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers.
Then Jon joined Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers for a song during their set.

Next week is Mat Kearney and apparently I otherwise have a play/musical every night starting tomorrow until Thursday. Then it's off to New York for the weekend for more plays/musicals! And once I'm back, I really need to start tackling some home projects again. I've been slacking in that department lately but now it's too cold to be sanding in the garage...

No comments:

Post a Comment