{Out & About} Summer Fun

I can't believe we're in July already! My brain is still in early June! I'm not complaining though because I loooove summer! Everyone hibernates in the winter and summer is when we all come out to play!

Thanks to the long weekend for Canada Day (Happy Belated Canada Day & Fourth of July!!), Monday was spent at Ashbridges Bay and it was HOT. The sand would burn your feet so I just stayed on the grassy area and got slightly burnt.

 This guy was walking on a strap, we think to practice balancing since he had a paddle board.

 
Some of the group hiding out in the shade from the hot sun.

With the shifting sun/shade, the chairs shifted around as well.

Homemade salsa which was nice and refreshing.

I wish I lived closer to the Beach(es) as I was born and raised in the Toronto area, but have only been a handful of times. When the condo is done though, I will be MUCH closer and I can't wait!

One activity I've looked forward to every summer these past 3 years is Free Flicks at Harbourfront Centre. There's a different theme each year and this year they've actually extended the series by 2 weeks! More movies! There are several venues/themes around the city featuring free films but the Harbourfront Centre one is my favourite (not that I've been to the other ones...) because it's by the breezy Lake Ontario and there's less vehicular and foot traffic so it's much quieter! Plus they already have benches for you whereas at other venues, you may be required to sit on the floor or bring your own chairs.

Sailboats on Lake Ontario.

Along the Waterfront Trail.

It's kind of hard to see, but there's a line of kayakers. Another summer activity I love! I have passes for that rental company and I love kayaking between the Toronto Islands.


Boats in Lake Ontario.

A slightly closer shot of the kayakers by Billy Bishop Airport.

The WestJet Stage.

Seats are filling up at the WestJet Stage for last night's showing of 'Office Space'.

If you're ever in the city on a Wednesday night, you should check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment