{At Home} Powder Room Progress - Finally!

Holy smokes. This month is going to be a slow month for me on the blog! If I'm not at my day job during the week, I'm going to be at my part-time on weekends (or NYC one weekend) so home projects will be slow! SlowER, I suppose. This potentially means more horrible night time photos because I'm never around during the day. At least I finished organizing my clothes on hangers, but I kept more than I should have and I still have to go through my dresser...

But! A little progress is being made in the powder room!

We last left off with the painted stripes on the walls and no toilet, but now the toilet is installed (pictures to come later since the powder room is a bit of a mess right now).

The yellow baseboards are no more! They're now a nice glossy white to match the door and door frames that we painted a few months earlier.

Finally, 2.5 months later we are switching out the faucets! This faucet screams bloody murder when you turn it on, unless you turn it on full blast, but we always forget to tell guests this so then they get scared while using it and keep it on really low so that it's a mere screeching sound. Either way, it's annoying and we are long overdue for a new set.

We bought Moen's Thea model soon after I finished painting, but got sidetracked with painting the upstairs bathrooms so that we could put the new toilets in those as well.

My dad got started while I was at work and I came home to this:

After removing the pedestal from the base, my dad originally had the bowl propped up with the walker my mom brought home from Barcelona (why? I have no idea), but then removed it and the bowl eventually fell. No damage was done to the bowl but it had to be removed anyway so that the new taps and tubes could be properly configured. Apparently it's a lot more work than my mom or I expected! Not that we're doing any of it...

The bowl is currently sitting on the kitchen table, but everything might be all set up by the time I get home from work again today. I can't wait to use it and not hear it screaming at me!

Here's a look at the to-do list for the powder room:
  • Paint stripes on the walls
  • Paint the baseboards
  • Replace the toilet
  • Re-hang old mirror (we thought about getting a new one but this one is still good)
  • Finish installing the new faucet and reattach the sink bowl to the wall
  • Touch up the paint around the sink
  • Buy a new light fixture and install
  • Find two pieces to fill the frames and hang them up (I've got one potential, I just need a second)

So at the rate we're going, I'll probably update you all again in 2-3 months? Hopefully sooner than that!

1 comment: